Dental Implant Frequently Asked Questions – Greenfield, MA
Restoring Your Smile with a Permanent Solution
If you’ve made the decision to move forward with dental implants in Greenfield, congratulations! You’re well on your way to increased confidence, greater stability, and restorations that will last a lifetime. If you’re still on the fence about which treatment solution is right for replacing your missing teeth, it’s great that you’re wanting to learn more about dental implants. No matter where you are in your decision-making process, Bagley, Goodwin & Hrinda PC want you to feel confident and knowledgeable, which is why we’ve compiled a list of some of the most frequently asked questions about dental implants. After reading through this page, we encourage you to contact us with any additional questions.
What Are the Benefits of Dental Implants?
When it comes to replacing your missing teeth, there are a variety of treatment options available. While there are different factors you must consider (cost, surgery, etc.), one must the benefits that dental implants have over other tooth replacement solutions. Some of these benefits include:
- Longevity: Whether it’s a bridge, partial or full denture, you’ll need to have it replaced after several years of wear. However, if you take proper care of your dental implants, they can last decades, if not a lifetime!
- Stability: Because your implants are surgically placed in your jawbone, you’ll never have to worry about it falling out. Dentures can slip because they only sit on the gum line, but dental implants are secured in place.
- Minimal maintenance: When choosing implants as your treatment method, you are setting yourself up for a life of ease when it comes to maintenance. With dentures, you must take them out to clean and soak them, but with dental implants, your regular oral hygiene routine is exactly what you need to continue doing to keep them clean.
- Natural look and feel: Other restorations have come a long way in how they look and feel, but implants mimic your natural tooth, giving you much more bite force than dentures. Plus, the customized crown you’ll receive looks just like your natural teeth, so no one will be able to tell a difference!
Does It Hurt to Get Dental Implants?
Having dental implants placed is a surgical procedure, so, during the aftercare portion of your treatment, you can expect some pain. Thankfully, your dentist in Greenfield will prescribe the appropriate medications to relieve some of the discomfort. However, during the actual procedure, we’ll administer anesthesia to ensure you are comfortable and completely at ease.
Am I a Good Candidate for Dental Implants?
Although there is no age limit for receiving dental implants, there is one factor all candidates must have – good bone and oral health. It’s important that you have sufficient bone density, so it can serve as a solid foundation for the implant. If an implant is placed and the bone cannot support it, the implant will fail.
If we find that you don’t have enough bone support, not all hope is lost. You may be eligible to undergo a bone graft to help add additional support.
How Much Do Dental Implants Cost?
There are many factors that must be considered when determining the cost of dental implants. Some include:
- The number of implants being placed
- The materials used
- Any pre-implant dental work (gum disease therapy, bone graft, sinus lift)
When you arrive for your initial consultation, our dentists will map out your treatment plan and take all these factors into consideration before providing you with an estimated cost.